Let’s see if I can keep this relatively short. Bullet points to the rescue:
- Alonso 1st, Schumacher 2nd, Raikkonen 3rd.
- Alonso showed that he is currently the world’s best driver in Formula One. His qualifying lap on Saturday was stunning given out of the top three, he pitted last. A flawless performance from start to finish.
- Schumacher’s car just wasn’t fast enough. Looks to be down to poor tyre choice. Excellent set of laps however around the 2nd pitstop put him ahead of Kimi.
- Kimi (Raikkonen) needs smack round the lughole for letting Schumacher past. 2nd place was his if he’d been a bit more proactive after his 2nd pitstop.
- Poor Jenson. Utter disaster of a weekend, especially so at his home race! I really hope he is changing teams next year, because it’s just not happening at BAR.
- Scott Speed had a good attempt at car skittles by taking himself and two others (Ralf Schumacher and Mark Webber) out before the first corner. A little more angle next time?
- Race Result (F1 ITV)