- Uninstall MindManager 6 and use Outlook 2007
- Revert back to Outlook 2003 and be able to use MindManager 6
I wasn’t particularly happy with either option since I use MindManager more than Outlook, and I do quite like Outlook 2007. So I investigated how to turn off the Add-In, and here’s how:
- Run Outlook 2007
- Go to Tools menu / Trust Center…
- Add-ins option. Select COM Add-ins from the Manage dropdown and click Go..
- Look for Export to Mindjet MindManager and untick it. OK the popup.
- Close Outlook (watch it crash) and Restart it.
- Job done!
The snag is that if I do want to export anything from Outlook to MindManager I have to turn it back on… and if I’m totally honest I’ve kept it turned on since I use that functionality a lot!
So, yes Outlook does crash on exit still, but it’s my own choice and at least now I know what the cause is! If Outlook does hose itself, it’s totally my own fault!