I wanted to try out Google Browser Sync again but I had a bit of a problem when installing since it asked for a PIN Number. I couldn’t remember what it was. I tried so many times it kicked me out and told me to come back in a day! So I did, and I still couldn’t remember it. Cue Google with the following advice:
I forgot my PIN, what should I do?
You can recover your PIN quickly and easily. Just log on to a computer where you’ve installed Google Browser Sync, then follow these steps:
1. Open a Firefox window.
2. Open the “Settings…” menu under your username in the upper-right corner of the page.
3. Click the “Show” button in the “Security settings” section of the page.
Hmmm… yes, that’s great but what do you do when one of your previous machines have been ditched for an iMac, has had it’s internals cannibalised and now acts as a foot rest under your desk (and very comfortable it is too) whilst the other has been replaced and then subsequently destroyed? Google…? Anyone…?
Well let me be of assistance, if like me, you’re not particularly bothered about what was stored in your account many moons ago, you can do the following:
- Go to the Google Accounts home page. If you need to, login.
- Select Delete Browser Sync as highlighted below:
- Agree to it’s demands and hey presto, account nuked:
Wonderful. Now you can restart Firefox and recreate your Google Browser Sync account as per this Lifehacker guide.